Belajar Komputer

Ads by Smowtion

Karl Lagerfeld - “Me Doing Me”

"It's a graphic idea of what I like, what could be translated from me to girls," he explained. "It's very graphic; black and white, silver and grey. Chanel is me doing Chanel, Fendi is me doing Italy and this is me doing me, whatever that means. Don't ask me too many questions because it's very strange to see your face wherever you turn."

The Chanel legend also explained why he decided to enter the mid-range market, having worked at the luxury end of the industry as well as launching a collection for H&M in 2004.


SEE THE COLLECTION HERE
"The people I've been in business with before, they always want to be in competition with Chanel or Fendi - I wasn't interested," he said. "Why would I want to do the same thing? I liked to do H&M, because it was a different point and this is another one. The middle class does not have enough class that I think the middle class should have."


Lagerfeld started his fashion career at Balmain, where he worked as Pierre Balmain's apprentice - an experience that wasn't all positive.

"At Balmain I wasn't crazy about what he did and he wasn't very pleasant," he told US Vogue. "But I said to myself 'you are here to learn, shut up and forget about it.' I thought it was chicer at Dior and Balenciaga, but you can learn there because you are not influenced. You learn not what to do."
You have read this article with the title Karl Lagerfeld - “Me Doing Me”. You can bookmark this page URL http://fashionhanimmerve.blogspot.com/2012/01/karl-lagerfeld-me-doing-me.html. Thanks!
Written By: Unknown -

No comment for "Karl Lagerfeld - “Me Doing Me”"

Post a Comment